Founded in Guangzhou in 2009, Olansi Healthcare Co Ltd is a professional manufacturer on hydrogen water generators,air purifiers, disinfectant liquid generators, water purifiers, beauty products etc. Healthcare products. Olansi covers more than 60000 square meters, owns more than 350 staffs, with turnover US$ 100 million in 2020. Olansi has been serving worldwide famous brand like Haier, Midea, TATA group etc. for a long time and have good partnership with worldwide customers.
When choosing hydrogen aquatic products, hydrogen concentration is the first consideration. Because the higher the hydrogen concentration, the more hydrogen content, the more obvious the effect.
However, the concentration of hydrogen aquatic products on the market is also varied, which poses a selection problem for consumers who do not know much about it.
Take the numerous hydrogen-rich water cups as an example.
The hydrogen concentration of the hydrogen-rich water cup is mainly divided into two categories.
The first category is the hydrogen concentration below 1600ppb. This part accounts for the vast majority, and it is estimated that it should account for about 95% of the market. The second category is that the hydrogen concentration is above 1600ppb, and some even reach above 5000ppb. This part of the product does not account for much of the market, it should be around 2%. Probably because of high production costs and high sales pressure, only a few manufacturers are doing it.
For consumers, in addition to looking at the hydrogen concentration value marked by the merchant, they still murmur in their hearts. Is it possible to reach the advertised concentration? How did these hydrogen concentration values come from? Here is a popularization for everyone.
There are currently three main methods for measuring hydrogen concentration:
The first type: titrant test The second type: hydrogen test pen test (oxidation-reduction potential pen) The third type: meteorological chromatographic analysis
These three methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. But it can reflect the hydrogen content from a certain angle.
The first method is the titrant test method
The composition of the titration solution is a mixture of methylene blue and nano-platinum colloid.
The measurement method is to judge the hydrogen concentration by the number of drops of reagent in 6 ml of water. One drop represents 100ppb. If it reaches 20 drops, it is 2000ppb.
The judgment method is that if there is hydrogen in the water, the titration liquid will change from blue to transparent after it is dropped in. Keep dropping until the drop no longer becomes transparent, indicating that the hydrogen in the water has reacted with the titrant. In this way, the hydrogen content in the water can be judged based on the total number of drops.
The advantages of this method are:
- The cost is low, almost every consumer can afford it, and the operation is relatively simple.
- The hydrogen concentration value above 1600ppb can be quickly measured. Generally speaking, the hydrogen concentration above 1600ppb needs to be tested with a titrant.
The disadvantages of this method are:
- If the hydrogen concentration is lower than 300ppb, it may not change color. People mistakenly believe that there is no hydrogen in the water. The reason is that if it is less than 300ppb, because the test requires only 6ml of hydrogen water, which is very small, and the hydrogen is very volatile, so if the hydrogen reacts with the titrant, the hydrogen may have been volatilized.
- There are many error factors. Everyone’s dripping speed and the size of the drip are different, which will affect the final value. If the dripping is fast and the dripping ball is small, the measured value will be higher. The dripping is slow and the dripping ball is large, so the measured value must be a little bit smaller.
The second type: hydrogen test pen test
The hydrogen measuring pen is actually a redox potential pen. It is based on the value of the oxidation-reduction potential in the water to convert the hydrogen concentration value.
The conversion formula is currently the hydrogen concentration value obtained by the negative potential value × 2.5 in the industry.
For example, if the negative potential in the water is -200mv, then 200×2.5=500. From this, it can be judged that the hydrogen concentration in the water is 500ppb, and the hydrogen measuring pen will display 500. If the negative potential in the water is -600mv, then 600×2.5= 1500 Hydrogen measuring pen will display 1500.
Hydrogen can change the potential value of water. As long as there is hydrogen in the water, it can turn the water into a negative potential.
However, the hydrogen content and the negative potential value do not necessarily have a positive proportional relationship. It is not that the more hydrogen content, the negative potential value will continue to decrease.
The negative potential value in hydrogen water is generally around -400mv~-600mv, so the value converted by the hydrogen measuring pen is around 1000-1500ppb. This is the fundamental reason why most of the hydrogen water measured by the hydrogen measuring pen does not exceed 1600ppb. The limit of the negative potential value in water is -1200mv, then 1200×2.5=3000. Therefore, the second-generation hydrogen measuring pen in Japan claims to be able to display up to 3000ppb. But almost no one can measure the value of 3000. Because the negative potential value in water is almost impossible to be as low as -1200mv. Therefore, the hydrogen measuring pen will never detect a hydrogen concentration above 3000.
Advantages of this method:
- High sensitivity, quick output value. Because it is calculated by potential. 2. Ultra-low hydrogen concentration value below 300ppb can be measured.
Disadvantages of this method:
- The price is high. A Japanese original hydrogen measuring pen is priced at more than 2,000 yuan, which is much more expensive than a hydrogen-rich cup. For ordinary consumers, it is obviously not cost-effective to test the hydrogen concentration. 2. It is difficult to save. The tip of the hydrogen measuring pen requires high maintenance and requires a special solution for regular cleaning and maintenance. For ordinary consumers, it is difficult and unnecessary. 3. The measurement interval is limited because the hydrogen concentration conversion is based on the negative potential value, and it cannot truly reflect the value of the hydrogen content in the water. For the hydrogen content under normal temperature and pressure, the accuracy is still relatively high, but for high-pressure hydrogen production, the hydrogen measuring pen will not work. Especially for hydrogen concentrations higher than 2000ppb, the hydrogen measuring pen is almost useless. For example, a 4000ppb hydrogen water, if its negative potential value is -400mv, the value measured by the hydrogen pen is only 1000ppb, which is 3000ppb different from the actual value.
High hydrogen concentration does not mean high negative potential
There is no necessary relationship between hydrogen concentration and negative potential.
If there is hydrogen in the water, the water will have a negative potential. But it is not that the more hydrogen, the higher the negative potential value of water. Therefore, the method of converting the hydrogen concentration by the negative potential value is still unreliable under certain conditions.
Does hydrogen water over 5000ppb really exist?
Nothing in the world is absolute. When the surrounding environment changes, oneself will also change accordingly.
The hydrogen concentration is the same. The external environment is different, and the hydrogen concentration is also different.
The general scientific community believes that the solubility of hydrogen in water is difficult to exceed 1600 ppb under normal temperature and pressure.
Most of the hydrogen-rich cups also produce hydrogen at room temperature and pressure. In the case of multiple hydrogen production, the hydrogen concentration may reach about 2000ppb, but it is difficult to increase it.
But it’s different in a high-pressure environment. Any gas, under high pressure environment, can improve the solubility in water.
Hydrogen is no exception.
The higher the pressure and the longer the time, the more hydrogen will be dissolved.
Not to mention 5000ppb, Japan and Taiwan have even produced 20000ppb hydrogen water.
This is like a passenger car. Under normal circumstances, it carries 20 people, but if people are forced into it, 50 people may be loaded.
Therefore, don’t think that the hydrogen content higher than 5000ppb is bragged by the merchants, which can be produced by high pressure.
The third type: gas chromatography
This should be regarded as the most accurate measurement method at present. But it can only be done in the laboratory.
It is difficult for ordinary individuals or factories to do this. So I won’t introduce too much here.
So to sum up, for people in the hydrogen industry, if you want to measure hydrogen concentration, it is best to use a hydrogen-rich pen, which is convenient and convenient. Although the titrant is cheap, the frequency of use is too high and the cost is not low.
Welcome to contact Olansi for product inquiry.