What is air purifier and how it works?
An air purifier or air cleaner is a device which removes contaminants from the air in a room to improve indoor air quality. These devices are commonly marketed as being beneficial to allergy sufferers and asthmatics, and at reducing or eliminating second-hand tobacco smoke.
Air purifiers use a system of internal fans to pull the air in your home through a series of filters that remove harmful airborne particles like dust, pollen and bacteria. The air purifier then circulate the purified air back into the room.
An air purifier is a device that will greatly modify your life. Many of us have heard this sometime in our lives, but do we really know what advantages it can bring?
While it is true that an air purifier is at home to serve us, we must also dedicate a few moments so that it can maintain its operation and provide all its benefits constantly.
Each manufacturer may have some specific instructions on their products, however there is always a common pattern, which must be followed by all owners of an air purifier.
These are some of the most common tips that exist for cleaning and maintenance of air purifiers that are at home or elsewhere.
Tips for cleaning and maintenance of an air purifier
– First of all, and as a precaution, every time the appliance is cleaned, it must be turned off and disconnected from the voltage source it has.
– In the grids that it possesses, a lot of dust usually accumulates, this must be carefully removed with a small-sized brush, this to be able to remove the dust from all possible places.
– The surface of the device can be cleaned with a soft and slightly damp cloth.
– You must carefully open the device as directed by the manufacturer, this with the purpose of removing the internal meshes.
– After having removed the meshes and grilles, they must be cleaned, preferably with soap and water, so any particles or dirt will be removed.
– The water used to clean the meshes or grilles must be warm, it is not advisable to wash them with cold water.
– It is very important to completely dry all the grilles or meshes before putting them back inside the appliance, they must be free of moisture to avoid damage.
– If an internal cleaning of the device will be done, the dirt must be removed with a dry cloth, moisture inside the device must be avoided.
– In case you are in front of the filters, under no circumstances should they be washed, regardless of the type of filter.
– This cleaning and maintenance operation must be repeated constantly every 2 or 3 weeks.
The importance of maintenance is becoming increasingly evident, as there is a point where both the filters and the grilles are completely saturated, fulfilling all the functions in a mediocre way, without providing optimum service to its users.
If you want to keep this equipment for a long time, and that it performs its purification work effectively and correctly, it is important that every so often you dedicate a few minutes to clean the air purifier, so you can keep your home environment less contaminated for much longer.
How Often Should You Maintain Your Air Purifier?
Air purifier maintenance will vary depending on the model. How often you maintain it will also depend on how much you use it.
If you put an air purifier in a relatively clean environment, you will need to maintain it less often. However, if you continually expose it to a lot of dust, pollen or cigarette smoke, you will need to clean it more often.
For most people, a good rule of thumb is to clean the entire unit every 6 months. Making a note on your calendar to maintain your air purifier at least twice per year is a good plan to follow unless it is getting a dirtier more often.
It is very important, as stated above, to follow all those advice given by the manufacturer of the air purifier that you have at home, since although the mechanisms have many standard functions, there will always be even a small aspect of differentiating each of the products. Following all the instructions will help you to use your air purifier in a correct way, which will allow you to maintain the good state of it, considerably extending its useful life, and giving you the opportunity to enjoy all its advantages for a long time weather.