Air Purifier Technology
Maximum productivity can only be attained in a work environment if all hands are always on deck. Employees can only give their best when they are in good shape. If you have employees who have had anyhistory of allergy reactions or asthma attack, then that is the more reason you need to pay special attention to their wellbeing.
You can achieve this goal by starting with an office air purifier. The office is where we spend the next bulk of our time. Therefore, if it is not healthy, the adverse effects will be well-noticed in our performance.
It has been recommended that business owners should not take the health of their workers for granted, according to a health expert. Inhaling contaminated air in the office comes with enormous disadvantages, which can have serious adverse effects on not just the employee, but the overall productivity rate.
Adopting an air purifier as part of your office set up can provide a definitive solution to some of the health challenges your employees are facing at the moment.
Nevertheless, some business owners may already be aware of this office air purifier thing, but what they are not sure of is how to know if what they are getting is the real deal. Whether you have any previous knowledge of office air purifiers or not, this article will be giving you insightful details on how you can get the best and make the most of it.
Features to expect
You cannot just buy any purifier you see in the market, because they are of various make and styles. You need to be very sure of whatever you are purchasing, so you do not end up getting the wrong fit. Here are some of the features that can help you identify a good air purifier for your office space.
- Residential and office air purifiers – this is where you ought to begin your search from if you are aiming to get a reliable air purifier that will last the test of time. A residential air purifier may not be a good fit for an office space for obvious reasons. They have all been designed with varying operational capacities. So if you are ready to get one, make sure you search specifically for office air purifiers. Most office air purifiers are portable, that is, you can move them from one place to another.
- Sound effect – after identifying an air purifier to be suitable for an office, you still need to look out for other features. One of such features is the amount of sound the purifier makes in the process of working. An office environment is expected to be as peaceful as possible. Even the smallest noise has the ability of causing a bit of distraction in the office, thereby leading to a drop in the quality of employees’ input. A loud-humming air purifier will not be as impactful on your employees as a noiseless air purifier. Look for air purifier units that are silent when they operate. Thankfully, there are several brands of noiseless air purifiers in the market. Anyone of them will be a better option for decontaminating the polluted air space around the office.
- Size is important – although size may not be a determining factor for purchasing a residential air purifier, it certainly is a vital factor for considering any option for office purifiers. Ideally, offices are not as spacious as residential apartments. Therefore, the idea of using an air purifier of full capacity is not needed. A small, portable air purifier will do a perfect job for any average office space. Also, these smaller air purifier devices are cheaper in terms of price, making them an excellent choice for an office.
- Maintenance – perhaps, you never saw this coming, the level of maintenance an air purifier will be needing is equally an essential factor in this equation. The office is a place where people will not be glad to change air purifier filters now and then. As employees, they certainly would have more important things to do. An air-purifying unit that does not use filters for decontaminating air particles will be a better fit for an office environment. That way, people can focus on more critical, billable tasks and spend less time fixing damaged filters. If you see an air purifier that uses an indicator light to notify users whenever the filter goes bad, then that will be a good option as well.
- Filtration system – this one is in line with the last point. Air purifiers are made with various air decontaminating technologies. They can either use filters, ionizers, or ozone molecules. The filter type would have been a perfect fit for offices, but changing the filter every time it goes bad will be too much of a work. Therefore, you can stick with ionizers. They do not require any filters and are not harmful to the body. The ozone generator air purifiers may not be the best option for such environments, even though they are regarded as the most robust deodorization devices. Please stay away from them until they have been improved.
Employers are more concerned about how much profit they are expecting, leaving those who are bringing in the money to be exposed to a wide variety of harmful substances. If you want to be a successful business person, then you have to take your employees’ wellbeing very seriously. You would want them to move from one healthy environment to another healthy environment. One way to make that balance a reality is by putting air purifiers in your offices. Should you not be clear with the features above, you can go through it again for more clarity.